Wendy Wild World

Wendy Wild -- 1956-1996. This is Wendy Wild's autobiography. She wrote this in May 1996, just months before her death from breast cancer.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Welcome to the wacky world of Wendy Wild. Who am I? A performance artist, a rock star, or simply a legend in my own mind. I'd probably need a book to explain all of the hilarious events that made up this enigma, so I pulled out a few chapters so that we could get a little better acquainted.

field

I grew up in Northport, Long Island, the town of Jack Kerouac and satanic killings. It was a place that "satin" lives! was written by some intellectual in the village square. Of course it does but I prefer Quiana! It was 1978 and a after a year of playing together in a band that did Led Zeppelin and Fleetwood Mac covers, me and John McLoughlin had had enough of "Bell Bottom Blues". We needed to shake the dust off our heels, so hanging a moon out the the window of my Ford Maverick, we headed for "FUN CITY". It was to become a most truly excellent adventure!

7 Comments:

At 2:24 PM, Blogger Mark Prime (tpm/Confession Zero) said...

How sad she is gone. How sad. From what I read she was a breath of life...and she probably lives on in many hearts she touched. I didn't know her but her spirit seems evident on this site. Peace.

 
At 5:37 PM, Blogger Mike Boyle said...

Dispite all that performance silliness, which was great, Wendy could really sing! Damn but that girl had pipes, quite wonderful.
Was so sorry to hear of her passing. Thank you so much for posting this blog.

Mike Boyle

 
At 11:05 PM, Blogger Jake said...

DANY- Thanks so uch for this. I had left NYC in 95 due to my own health issues and I never had a chance to say goodbye or let alone have any closure with my mentor, my Auntie- Wendy. This really helps with that. Thanks for doing it.

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger Mondo Gitane said...

RIP, Wendy... We miss you a lot in Spain, too.. or at least in my room with the turntable on...

 
At 2:50 PM, Blogger Mark Kemp said...

Wendy was one of the first people I met and befriended when I moved to New York in the mid-80s. She and my hometown friend Holly played together in Das Furlines. Wendy spent lots of time dragging me around the East Village and introducing me to some people I still know, some who have passed on, and others who just remain legendary in my mind. Thank you for posting this. Wendy was pure enthusiasm. I miss her.

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger Thomas McGonigle said...

Was Wendy's Sister Lois? I think I knew her in the early 70s and lost contact in the mid 70s... what happened...she studied at Stony Brook and I thought moved back to Florida their father worked for some engineering company on LI

 
At 6:05 PM, Blogger montysmusic said...

Its a shame there is no Das Furlines music anywhere..I've searched high and low does anyone know where it can be bought?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home